A virtual assistant is the collaborator of a company that provides its services remotely. It can be attached to any department and several missions can be entrusted to him/her. It is common for the employer to ask him to perform time-consuming operations such as entering or updating the databases. The virtual assistant can also provide administrative or secretarial tasks such as email management, calendar organization and electronic filing of documents.
For individual entrepreneurs or companies, using a virtual assistant can be a perfect alternative to hiring a full-time, local employee. In fact, although this option is still not widely used today, it has many significant advantages in all areas. So much, that distance is just a detail.
What tasks can be assigned to a virtual assistant?
Even if at first glance, it seems that distance is a hindrance to a complete collaboration with a virtual assistant, concretely, but it is not so. Indeed, today almost all tasks can be done remotely thanks to new IT tools made available.
You will be able to trust all your internal and external communication to a virtual assistant. Indeed, simply by giving access to all your communication platforms, you can entrust the management to them: receiving and sending emails, feeding social networks, receiving calls … In this same perspective, it can also manage all your schedule according to the proposed and planned meetings.
Apart from that, you can also delegate all the secondary tasks so that you can focus on your core business. Conduct research on the internet, manage your work files, create databases on your customer information, prepare presentations or write minutes of meetings are non-exhaustive examples of all the tasks it can perform for you.
Also, thanks to the development of online shops, you can also entrust the booking of your hotel rooms or your airline tickets for business trips or even private. Similarly, with a limited ceiling account, he can even make purchases for you.
Here, we give you a list of 57 tasks that can be assigned to a virtual assistant:
Email & Schedule Management Tasks:
- Filtering Emails / Managing Spam
- Database Building / Updating Contacts or CRM
- Answering Customer Service Emails /Tickets / Chat Support
- Sending of Greetings Cards, Event Invitations, etc.
- Calendar Management
- Appointment Scheduling
- Travel Arrangement and Planning
- Reminder Services
File Storage & Organization Tasks:
- Dropbox / Google Drive Organization
- Data Entry in Word, or Google Docs
- Creating / Managing Spreadsheets
- Preparing PowerPoint / Keynote Presentations
- PDF Conversion, Splitting and Merging
Administrative & Blogging Tasks:
- Transcription of Video and Audio Files
- Simple eBook Layout / Formatting
- Preparing Online Meeting Minutes
- Report Creation
- Forms Creation
- Document Template Creation
- Online Research
- Data Mining & Development / Lead Generation
- Blog Publishing Management
- Moderating Blog Comments
- Adding Tags & Images to Blog Posts
- Receptionist Duties
- Voicemail Checking
- Sending Client Invoices
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Personal Errands (Purchasing Gifts Online, etc.)
- Project Management & Training Tasks
- Project Management Between You and Team members
- Preparation of Training Materials
- Training of New Virtual Staff
- Deadline / Deliverables Tracking
- Social Media Management Tasks
- Creating Facebook Fan Pages / Groups
- Posting and Scheduling Facebook Insights
- Promoting Facebook Pages
- Collating and Interpreting Facebook Insights
- Creating a Twitter Account
- Managing and Increasing Your Twitter Following
- Schedule Tweets and Track Mentions and Hashtags
- Create and Manage LinkedIn Account / Profile
- Create Pinnable Images on Pinterest
- Scheduling and Tracking Pins
- Create and Manage YouTube Account
- Upload Videos on YouTube
- Moderating YouTube Comments
- Uploading Videos to other Video Sharing Sites / Social Media
- Answer inquiries and Messages on All Channel & Profiles
- Create SlideShare Presentations
- Creating a New List with Email Marketing Software
- Adding and Removing Subscribers from Lists
- Creating and Scheduling Broadcast Emails to Promote Content
- Editing Follow-up Emails and Auto-responders
- Creating Email Newsletters
- Editing / Proofreading Emails
What are the real benefits of hiring a virtual assistant?
Hiring to a remote virtual assistant brings significantly more benefits than hiring a classic assistant. On the one hand, you will benefit from an incomparable time saving; in a single click or a call, you can entrust him with any one-off mission. On the other hand, you will see a gain in productivity. Indeed, thanks to an assistant who takes care of some heavy or repetitive tasks, you will be able to focus on the essence of your business.
Aside from that, there are other benefits specific to online assistants. In the first place, you can better control your expenses since you will have to cover only the remuneration of your assistant if previously it was also necessary to add the various expenses associated with the equipment. Secondly, with a personal assistant, you will be able to benefit from a quasi-permanent availability while a traditional assistant is only available at fixed times.
More benefits of using a virtual assistant:
- You take a minimal risk. If the virtual assistant is not suitable, no notice to give, no risk that he declares himself ill, etc…
- You do not have to make administrative steps: various registrations, work rules, social secretarial fees, social reports…
- You test your managerial quality: are you competent for the delegation of tasks and management of people? It is complex to give clear instructions so that your employee or virtual assistant understands what you expect from him/her.
Outsourcing services: What Benefits?
Recruiting a virtual assistant has several positive sides. This allows an SME manager to master his salary budget. Indeed, it is more economical to use a virtual assistant located abroad rather than a full-time employee for an equal quality of work. Its organizational constraints are similarly reduced. It is not necessary to provide a workstation while the days and times of the virtual assistant are easily scalable. These services are even customizable, and you can ask him/her, to work in the evening.
The offshoring is ideal for each employee of the company to focus on its main missions. He does not waste any more time making rankings or making entries. The outsourcing of customer relationship management is also a task that can be entrusted to a remote operator. For example, it can provide technical support to users through a hotline. It is also possible to ask him/her to take charge of the files so that he/she can answer questions from clients, help them or advise them.
Choose your virtual assistant wisely.
Obviously, hiring a virtual assistant is a tricky decision to make. Confidential information will be given in the hands of a complete stranger. That’s why it’s important to choose wisely your virtual employee. He/she must be honest, reliable, competent and above all, serious.
Applying to a recognized service provider as Call Center Pros is an excellent solution to ensure reliable and high-end services. Our agents indeed meet strict criteria before joining the team of the company. They have fluent/native English and are qualified and responsive. All the missions entrusted to them are carried out within the specified deadlines with an optimal quality of work. The instructions are followed to the letter to always guarantee the satisfaction of the customers. Finally, the confidentiality clauses are constantly respected, and the information is not likely to be disclosed to third parties.
Leave a Reply